Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Path

I take an early morning walk often. It is the same route . I begin behind my house on a dirt road. The entire walk is on a dirt path that passes horse farms, cows, a stream and green pastures. There is beauty in every season that I walk this path.

My walk stills my soul.

I especially love the sound of the dirt under my sneakers. I always notice it and it creates a simple music and rhythm to my steps. This morning I couldn't help but think about how this is the dirt from which God created life . I am sculpted from its clay and fired upon by the very breath of God. Today on my walk I felt more aware of this than ever before.


As the breeze cooled my steps and the sun began to rise, I though of this verse:


"Just like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel."

Jeremiah 18:6 NSRV

Gods finger prints are all over us. He centers us,or shapes us and even restores us from collapse, he transforms us in ways we never imagined.

As I continued on my walk, a place inside me opened up and let go to a softness in nature. I felt like I belonged to the earth, and the gentle breeze had secrets to tell me. The garden of my spirit rested in the dewy sent of honeysuckle nectar and there it was...the peace that passes all understanding... Presence meeting me and calling me by name.

My walk stills my soul.

Namaste'
Maureen




No comments:

Post a Comment