Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lent Pilgrimage

My soul longs for your presence, Lord.
When I turn my thoughts to you,
I find peace and contentment.



Our lives are a journey, a pilgrimage.

From our mysterious origins, through our childhood and growing years, we have set forth along a unique path amidst our families or the significant people close to us. So, for myself, wherever I am along that journey which is mine, in light or in darkness, struggling or in relative peace and stability, still I am being drawn forward, along a pilgrimage way. Perhaps I haven’t seen things from this perspective, or have forgotten it, but it is the truth of my life: I am called by name,

"But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine." Isaiah 43

We all journey along a unique path, God with me, God before me, all along the way that is mine. ‘I will bless you and go before you’, God said to Abraham and Sarah, the parents of our way of faith, journeying in the desert as virtual nomads, on the basis of God’s promise and Covenant.

Today, in our endlessly, bewildering and challenging world, we are especially called to travel in faith, and to depend on God’s word and blessing, that comes to us in Jesus. We are all called to be disciples. As we grow in faith and in our own unique discipleship, we come to live the gospel, the good news that God has acted in Jesus to save us.

Maybe, like the disciples on the Mount of the Transfiguration, we might hear the words, ‘This is my Son, the Beloved; he enjoys my favour; listen to him’. (Matthew 17:5) Lord, let me listen to you. Guide me, and lead me on.

Namaste'
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment