Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Advent

Advent: Day 1
Daily Office Readings: Isaiah 2: 1-5, Romans 13:11-14, Mathew 24:36-44

Hope. Today's readings are the hope that reminds us that Christ's return is equally part of Advent.


I love Advent.

I loved today, the first day in Advent in 2010 and how people of all ages turned up at my church bend over long tables making fresh green Advent wreaths to take home. I loved seeing young children, youth and our wise elders making prayer beads and experiencing "something" as one mother said to me. She and her daughter were making their beads while listening to contemplative harp music, her words to me were "Wow, if I listened to this music every day, was quiet,and slowed down to pray like this, I would always be peaceful." Amen!Amen!

Seeing the holy chaos of fresh greens spilled everywhere, beads rolling on the floor,singing, cocoa mustaches and Advent wreaths being made, not only for every one's home, but for our local shelters and Habitat homes, rejoices community. We celebrated and worshipped together to begin and nurture our personal Advent journey's.

Our Advent community is that place where we keep the hope alive among us and take it seriously, so that it grows and becomes stronger in us so we are ready. Happy Advent!

Namaste'
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment