Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Great Light of the World

One of my favorite times to "be" is in that moment before I am fully awake. It is in that moment that I feel I am re-entering my body, sometimes from a peaceful sleep, sometimes from a place that gives me that peace that passes all understanding.

This morning I was in such a place and this is what I heard:


Let me share a few things. I have heard this song a number of times, we occasionally sing it at church. I do not know the lyrics by heart. What I do know is the symphony in my head this morning filled my heart. As I let myself "be" I again heard music, this time it was:



I knew I needed to sit and just "be". I sat in silence for quite some time. Then, quiet prayer that moved me so inward that a sacred portal was once again shared with me. I reconized this feeling. It was as if I was within a transparent cocoon, I could feel the pulse of a heartbeat and of sadness. oh...I could see so much, yet I couldn't see. There was so much love,inward and outward. I could feel it resonate within me. I was suspended within this all consuming embrace, an awareness of faith and of God....the warmth, the gentleness, the love. A sweet rapture consumed me and I was blessed with clarity not of this world.

What does this mean? Many things and more. What I do know for sure , is that, The Great Light of the World gives me hope to carry on.

Namaste'
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment