Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Struggling

Romans 5: 1-5

I woke this morning to praying these words.

"Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God, because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to hearing God's glory. We can rejoice, too, we we run into problems and trails, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lend to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."

Paul's words are some of my favorite in scripture. This particular scripture resonates with me and has become my mantra.

Paul's tells us that the future will come but until then, we have to overcome...meaning we will experience difficulties that help us grow. God uses life's difficulties to build our character, develop our perseverance, strengthen our character, all while this deepens our trust in Him.

I read this scripture over and over. I feel God with me as I breathe in every word. God is quiet. Yet, His omnipotent hand and immeasurable love consume me, filling me up, like a dam releasing water, so the struggling areas can be restored.

"This is my comfort in my trouble, that your promise gives me life". Psalm 119:50
I am peaceful in my struggles. That sounds like a contradiction , doesn't it? This peace is not calmness and tranquility. It is contentment. My peace is with God. Knowing He is living in me. He is with me. Even though I can not hear Him right now, by faith I know he is with me. It is that peace that passes all understanding.

My struggle is what it is. I must be in this moment and trust, surrendering to what God wants and accepting what he allows in this moment, in my life. I trust and know by faith that coming out of my wilderness will develop continued strength of my character to serve God, being who He needs me to be for Him, my family and the future work He has planned for me.

And I know it is OK to ask, "God , what are you doing?" and to pray, " Loving God, Help me and guide me."

The apostle Paul submitted his life to God and trusted Him. Paul faced insults, rejection and many difficult trials but he was still was content. He was committed to his calling.

God has blessed me with the gift of faith.
God has blessed me with His love .
God has blessed me with guidance of the Holy Spirit.
God has blessed me with a calling.

Have I like Paul really-really surrendered control to God? Complete control, knowing He has my best interest at heart?

I think God is waiting for me to humble myself before Him in absolute dependence. The pieces of His plan will fit together for His glory. God is in charge.

Who is in charge of your life?

Namaste',
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment