Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dear John

Dear John,

Today we celebrate your birthday.

I celebrate you.
   You - my friend
   You - my husband
   You - my lover.
   You - the father of our children
   You - the fixer of all things
   You - the chef
   You - the practical ying in my sometimes not so practical yang
   You - my wine tasting bud
   You - my backyard sunset gazing companion
   You - who holds my heart

Across our vowed threshold lies a life that we have created together.
A life that is spacious and free to explore our individual  journey and our journey together. A life where we can challenge our choices, embrace them and love each other through them. This vowed threshold draws us deeper into our life together even if it unearths us, unmakes us, lays us bare, and creates us again...renewing and celebrating our life together until  eternity.

I thank God on this day for creating you and birthing the possibilities of your tomorrows.

Happy Birthday!
Love,
Maureen





No comments:

Post a Comment